Recipe begged, borrowed, compiled and adapted by The Klutz in the Kitchen
August is coffee month and there is nothing nicer to celebrate it with a thick, creamy hot chocolate mixed with coffee, cream and Pinotage. Careful, this one can become quite addictive addsome sugar if you really must or a touch of Pinotage Muscadel if you can find it. Top it off with some whipped cream and sprinkle some crumbled chocolate.Remember too that August 12th Chocolate Milkshake Day
Pinotage Mocha (coffee & hot chocolate)
Prep and Create time 10
Bits and pieces to concoct it
750ml heavy cream (not reduced fat half n half or milk)
6 teaspoons Mazina (cornstarch)
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips I prefer dark chocolate chips
375 ml of brewed coffee
375 ml of Pinotage
Sugar to taste
Whipped cream for serving
Procedures to rustle it up
- Add the cream and cornstarch to a medium-sized pot
- Whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved
- Add the chocolate chips and place over medium heat. Heat just until all the chocolate has melted and dissolved into the milk, stirring continuously (about 6-7 minutes)
- The heat may need to be reduced to low to keep the liquid from boiling
- The liquid will be thick.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Slowly whisk in the coffee and wine about ¼ cup at a time.
- Pour into mugs to serve.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Top each mug with whipped cream.
The Klutz in the Kitchen Rookie Mixologist
Chief Grub Maker, Recipe Initiator, Adroit Glühwein Fixer and Imbiber, Devoted Coffee Slurpee, Craft Beer Quaffing Enthusiast and Pinotage Aficionada